MWG

3 rounds for time;
45 double unders
30 KBS - 1.5 pd
15 chin ups
this is the last day of phase 3/session 1 (high intensity, low volume)
the next session will contain 4 phases (totalling 36 days - Jan 16th - Feb 21st), the 1st being a high volume (containing two WOD a day options) and moderate intensity phase, the 2nd being a single WOD per day, higher intensity, moderate volume phase, the 3rd being a high intensity, low volume phase and the 4th containing CF benchmark workouts to test the waters to see where everyone is
today's WOD is meant to be fast and hard....put high effort in to get the rewards...think finish line
thank you for working hard
Note:
there are differences b/t DOMS and stiffness, stiffness is caused by more than these, but here is a good place to start:
1. diet high in inflammatory foods, too many insulinogenic foods will cause stiffness
2. too high of fructose consumption leads to increase stiffness
3. hormonal profiles could be offset (biosig can assess that)...ex. elevated prolactin levels are associated with increased stiffness, and the big daddy - elevated cortisol is linked emperically to muscle stiffness
4. dehydration is often to blame, its cold and dry here...drink your frickin water...half of one's BWT in ounces per day is a start
as well, DOMS does NOT decrease power output or work capacity...i've tested this on myself and MANY others for 10 years now...it just does not...i've seen people with PB's on back squats days after Cindys and Murphs for time now...i saw it first hand in university testing with my research on the interpolated twitch technique and thought that something was wrong...humans are VERY adaptive...VERY...

19 comments:

Geoff Aucoin said...

That pic is fantastic. Love it.

Sean Greeley said...

Congratulations guys! What a couple of cuties! :)

Gord said...

Nice pic!!! that is awesome

7:09

I did yesterdays work out very late for me 9:00 pm'ish. Then did this one early this morning. Felt strong and ready until I started

Got sloppy and fatigued during the 1st round of chins. was a grind and struggle from there.

Sweeney said...

7:36.

I thought I could achieve a sub-7min time but the KB hurt me real bad. This one beat me down mentally.

Gord: I tip my hat to you. You have been throwing it down lately. Good work.

Also, Coach:

Thanks for the programming. It's been awesome; excrutiating, but awesome! We're fortunate to have you leading us.

Geoff Aucoin said...

Ha, I can't believe James posted info on soreness. Too funny. My legs/glutes/LB are so jacked today it hurts to sit down.

Very good info, exceptional programming.

Geoff Aucoin said...

7:53, much slower than my sub-7 goal. Last round of doubles did me in as I couldn't feel my hands on the rope anymore.

Trevor Salmon said...

9:47
first round went quite well except for one little fraction in the dbl unders. The second and third round of dbl unders inconsistent which slowed things down.

Chad Action Brandt said...

Cute girls James & Leighanne! Coach your going to have your hands full!
Thanks for all the programing Coach! I am very grateful!

TIME: 6:52

This was a bugger! That rest day is going to feel so good!

Optimum Performance Training said...

6:36 as rx'd.

Steve said...

- 10:07
du's took way too many partitions. I feel like my work capacity has become steadily worse every workout this week.

Brent Maier said...

Time: 8:29

Tough one! *big sigh of relief*

rwcorson said...

7:56, another grip fryer!

Todd Dyer said...

Time=6:52
last round of du's were terrible
forearms are fried

bso said...

Congratulations!

I'm in for the next session of training.

DeeJay said...

10:40 - keep em' coming James, I need asskickers like these!

Some good times today boys, saw Mike crush this one, nice work!

Alvaro said...

I saw Brett do the Workout in 5:50
Great job. Inspiring!!

Steve Caddy said...

"i saw it first hand in university testing with my research on the interpolated twitch technique"

What/where did you study? (If you don't mind me asking?)

Garage Crossfitter said...

First round only today 2:07
Goal is sub 7:00
Feeling like shit today, decided to just do a long warmup and do 1 intense unbroken round and a nice cool down. Sore throat, achy, and runny nose, not cool, rest day tomrrow, back at it hard Tuesday.

Dave X said...

11:35.
Doubleunders getting better!