Phase 1 - “3-RM Snatch & Burpees”
Competitors will have 10 minutes to find their 3-RM Snatch (either power or full is fine). All 3 consecutive lifts must be completed in 40 seconds or less.
- The first 3 minutes of Phase 1 can be used only to load the barbell and warm-up.
- The remaining 7 minutes of Phase 1 can be used to score as many points as possible.
- Points will be given for amount (in lbs.) of 3-RM Snatch achieved, and one point will be given for every Burpee performed during the 7 minutes.
Example – Athlete A successfully achieves a 3-RM Snatch of 175 lbs. and utilizes the remaining time to complete a total of 35 Burpees. Athlete A will earn a total score of 210 points (175 +35) for Phase 1 of the Challenge.
*** Competitors will rest exactly 3 minutes before beginning Phase 2 of the Challenge.
Phase 2 - “Ten Minute Capacity Test”
Perform the following movements, in order, for max reps (or calories), resting exactly 60 seconds between each station:
- 4 Minute Row (for Calories)
- 3 Minutes of Pull-Ups
- 2 Minutes of Bodyweight Back Squat (3/4 BWT for females)
- 1 Minute of 135/95 lb. Push Press or Jerk
Example – Athlete A rows 86 calories, performs 82 pull-ups, 41 back squats, and 19 overhead presses. Athlete A will earn a total score of 228 points (86+82+41+19) for Phase 2 of the Challenge.
The athletes’ scores from Phases 1 and 2 will be added together to create their final challenge score. The athlete with the highest total score will be the winner.
Example – Athlete A scored 210 points in Phase 1 and 228 points in Phase 2. Athlete A’s final score for the Challenge is 438 points (210 + 228).
Post scores to comments